GREG’S BUSINESS GROWTH NEWSLETTER #261
Quick notes to help you grow your business in less time with less effort. . . sometime next week.
In this issue:
– Techniques for FIT
– Being Human
– Random Stuff
Techniques for FIT
- There is a sales trope that in every conversation a sale is made. The prospect sells you or you sell the prospect. Same goes for self-talk. If you’re trying to convince yourself of something, it may take some time and effort.
- Heading to the office may soon be a relic of the past, like bankers hours or 3-martini lunches. Workdays are longer and productivity is up. The press for more and more goes on.
- Every day ending with the three blessings exercise leads to starting the next day with a little extra pep in the step.
- Bringing high expectations into the new year is one way we keep hope alive. Things change and we can direct it, a little. Happy New Year to you!
Being Human – Cloudy Vision
“Well begun is half done.” – Mary Poppins
I am ready for 2021. Each year I start a new little black notebook. I take it to meetings, take it to conferences, take it on trips. I try to keep all of my work notes in it, and most of my random thoughts. I find the act of writing, doodling, scribbling, and note taking makes me focus on listening.
Each December I take stock of the pages I have left. In my most active/highest income years it’s touch and go whether I’ll run out of pages before the year ends. If I have more than 10 blank pages left on Dec 31 it seems to show up in my bank account or (more likely) my prospect pipeline.
This year? 42 empty pages. Brutal.
To start the year, I put a little 12-month calendar in the front of the book. I mark off holidays, work travel, and four weeks of time off.
I don’t have much marked off for 2021. I’m finding it hard to make big plans. Hard to pick a strategy. Hard to focus on a vision.
What’s a person to do?
Execute a daily action plan.
When strategy isn’t there, an action plan is. It’s time to execute a simple action plan, build some momentum, and wait for the clouds to lift. That’s what I recommend to others and it’s what I’m doing from now through the first full week of September. NFL opening weekend 2021. I hope to regroup at my in-laws brewery while taking in a Packer game. That’s enough of a vision for now.
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.”
– T.S Eliot “Little Gidding”
My lovely bride and I have been enjoying a full house for the last month. One benefit of remote work is having our adult children back together for a few weeks. There aren’t many places for us to go, so it’s been a lot of walks, a few backyard visits, and some serious kitchen table time.
I hope you have been lucky enough to enjoy the same.
Happy New Year to you and may you be blessed with the gifts of Happiness, Health, and Wealth.
If you need to set up a time to visit, follow this link: